CHOCOLATE COCONUT PATTIES
Makes about 20
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 drops pure almond extract
- 3 3/4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread coconut in a single layer on parchment. Place in oven until golden and toasted, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to color evenly. Remove from oven; let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine toasted coconut, almond extract, and melted chocolate. Stir gently until combined. Press about 1 tablespoon coconut mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture. Place in the refrigerator until cookies are set, about 20 minutes. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.