- 1 cup Lemonade
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 8 each (about 1/2 pound) shrimp, size 16-20 count, cleaned and de-veined
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 each egg white, large, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup coconut, sweetened, flaked
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 16 Romaine heart inner leaves, trimmed (about 5 ounces)
- 1 lemon, medium, skin and pit removed, cut to 1/8" slices
- 1 star fruit, medium, cut to 1/8" slices (optional)
- Combine 1/2 cup lemonade and 1/4 teaspoon coriander for marinade. Add shrimp and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Prepare vinaigrette by placing 1/2 cup lemonade, shallot, and remaining coriander in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce to 1/4 cup, about 15 minutes. Cool. Whisk 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil into the lemonade reduction and season with salt. Chill.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and drain. Discard marinade. Season shrimp with salt and black pepper. Dredge in flour and shake off excess. Dip in egg white and drain excess. Press shrimp into coconut to coat on all sides.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and saut� on first side until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Carefully turn shrimp over and saut� until shrimp are cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Hold warm.
- Add parsley to vinaigrette and whisk to blend. Place a small bed of four romaine leaves on each serving plate. Top with lemon slices and star fruit, if using. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Add shrimp and serve.